1. Create A Capital Acquisition Strategy.
2. Contact The Targeted Investors: Try to do this through a personal introduction if possible–this will move you to the top of the stack.
3. Have The Initial Meeting: Don’t break out the business plan yet–use the financing pitch presentation: If the investors are interested and request it, give them the executive summary. But don’t set a price for your company. Keep it quiet.
Ask the INVESTOR what they think it’s worth.
4. Meet With The Investment Group: If the investors review the summary and request another meeting, it means they’re very interested–and want more of their group to come in. If all goes well, go ahead and hand over your business plan.
5. Secure A Lead Investor. This person does most or all of the due diligence, and helps bring other investors into the deal. The lead drives the process, so get one PRONTO.
6. Set The Price. Preferred stock often starts out at $1.00 per share, where common stock will be about 10% of this price. Founders stock (or sweat equity) is often a penny or so per share. Get help from your startup-savvy attorney in setting the stock price, negotiating the employment agreement and vesting schedule, etc.
That’s it–that’s my main checklists. Print this email out and stick it up on your wall or fridge.T Then, as you finish each step, cross it off and move on to the next one. You’ll be surprised how motivated you’ll be to get to that last step!
If you’re REALLY ready to meet investors and build a rockin’ financial pitch, come to my 7 Figure Business Summit – where there will be amazing angel investors to meet and listen to. The Summit is only DAYS away now (4/30-5/2) – so hurry! Get your seats before they’re gone. (As I write this, there’s only 30 seats left – and you can STILL bring a friend for half price. (My personal recession buster) — 7 Figure Business Summit.)
To your amazing and IMMEDIATE 7 Figure Success,
Christine Comaford, 7 Figure Business Builder
CEO of Mighty Ventures, Inc.
NY Times Best Selling Author of Rules for Renegades
PS: IF you cannot attend my Summit for any reason, then by all means, grab my Results Now Webinar and get started – but I think you should ALL be at that Summit and give me a chance to see you and hear the extraordinary life that YOU want to build.
Christine Comaford believes every entrepreneur has at least one multi-million dollar business inside of them. Her 7 Figure Business Formula has created over 153 multi-million dollar businesses. Learn the 6 proven steps to YOUR 7 Figure Business here: http://bit.ly/ComafordWebinar